June 06, 2008

Another Oil and Filter Change Already? (20496m)

Another oil change already? Guess the 85km/day commute three times a week I do now is adding up faster. Still not too bad though. Considering the car is a year and a half old and I've only done 20,000km.

Just the standard affair with the proper weight oil and Honda oil filter. But this time while the car was up, I started to notice more wear on the front tires than the rear. So I asked my mechanic to rotate my tires while it was up there. No charge! Try that at a dealer!

Also took out the air filter element and checked it. Wasn't as bad as I had expected, considering all the construction that's going on around my house. So I just borrowed the air hose at the shop and blew the filter clean of debris and loose dust. Will check it again next time to see if it needs replacement.

No comments: